E-Prime® is the most comprehensive software available for behavioral research. With more than 100,000 users in research institutions and laboratories in over 60 countries, E-Prime is the world-leading behavioral experiment software. E-Prime provides a truly easy-to-use environment for computerized experiment design, data collection, and analysis. E-Prime provides millisecond precision timing to ensure the accuracy of your data. E-Prime’s flexibility to create simple to complex experiments is ideal for both novice and advanced users.
- Enhanced graphical interface
- Ability to play movies (MPEG, AVI, WMV)
- Copy & Paste objects between experiments
- Digital recording of subject vocalizations
- Increased display speed for bitmap transfers
- Support for additional image formats (JPEG, PNG, etc.)
- Improved options for network or ghosting installations
- Support for presentation of stimuli on multiple video displays
- Improved audio support (additional formats, increased length)
- Support for UNICODE and international fonts
- Support for new devices (Joystick, Parallel Port Device, Network Socket Device)
- Enhanced support for larger scripts
- Improved documentation and indexing of online Help
- Includes featurews previously separated as E-Prime Pro (so EPM100P now obsolete)
E-Prime Suite of Applications
- E-Studio – Drag and drop graphical interface for experiment design.
- E-Basic – Underlying scripting language of E-Prime (nearly identical to Visual Basic for Applications™).
- E-Run – Once experiment design is complete, a single mouse click generates it into an E-Basic script. E-Run then affords you the millisecond precision of stimulus presentation, synchronizations, and data collection.
- E-Merge – Quickly and easily combines your single session data files for group analysis.
- E-DataAid – Data management utility that allows you to filter, edit, analyze, and export your data.
- E-Recovery – Recovers data files in the event of early terminated experiments, or lost or corrupted files.
New with version 3.0
- Support for tablets and touchscreens
- SlideButton sub-object for an area of response collection without using script
- SlideChoice sub-object to design multiple choice surveys, recognitions, recalls
- SlideSlider sub-object to design scales and sliders
- Slide Layout Templates for quick design
- Improved interface with tabbed workspace and easier access to windows
- Find and replace properties in an experiment
- Run an experiment in a floating window for quicker inspection and debugging
- Run desired List rows at runtime with Interactive order selection
- Interactively run List rows for debugging purposes
- Create conditional Task Events using subroutines in User Script
- Improved Audio/Video playback and load times
- Start an experiment from any List object
- Play movie and audio files in additional formats
- Online Experiment Library
- E-Prime Command Reference and online documentation
- New experiment design templates
- Access Full and User Script in the Structure window
- Automatically generate text data files upon completion of experiment
- Save a definition of columns of interest in E-DataAid
- Correct, Incorrect, Omission Task Events
- Check for Update checks web and prompts when updates are available
Upgrade from E-Prime 2.0
If you already have an E-Prime 2.0 license you can buy E-Prime 3.0 at a 20% discount by purchasing an Upgrade License. An Upgrade License is a full Single User License that requires a one-time validation using your E-Prime 2.0 license key. This allows you to maintain the use of both versions side-by-side! E-Prime 1.x, 2.0 and 3.0 can all be used side-by-side. Experiments from previous versions can be opened and saved in E-Prime 3.0. Contact BIOPAC for Upgrade License authorization.
Interface to BIOPAC
Research Systems: MP160, MP150, or MP100 System—Use the Isolated Digital Interface (STP100D-C) to safely isolate digital inputs (in the range of 0-3.3 V or 0-5.0 V) and outputs; STP100D-Cincludes CBL110C, a 3-meter DB25 M/F ribbon cable to interface with E-Prime via the printer port.
- Bundled system with E-Prime 3 and Isolated Digital Interface: EPM100WEducation Systems: MP36 or MP35 System—Use the STP35B DB25 M/F 3-meter ribbon cable to interface the computer printer port to the I/O Port on the back panel of the MP unit. To send/receive markers from E-Prime to the 2-channel BSL MP46 Unit, add BN-SMART-IOCBL; the 1-meter I/O Interface for TTL Inputs connects the small I/O port on the MP46 and terminates in a DSub25.
E-Prime® is intended for research use only.