E-Prime® is the most comprehensive software available for behavioral research. With more than 100,000 users in research institutions and laboratories in over 60 countries, E-Prime is the world-leading behavioral experiment software. E-Prime provides a truly easy-to-use environment for computerized experiment design, data collection, and analysis. E-Prime provides millisecond precision timing to ensure the accuracy of your data. E-Prime’s flexibility to create simple to complex experiments is ideal for both novice and advanced users.
Enhanced graphical interface
Ability to play movies (MPEG, AVI, WMV)
Copy & Paste objects between experiments
Digital recording of subject vocalizations
Increased display speed for bitmap transfers
Support for additional image formats (JPEG, PNG, etc.)
Improved options for network or ghosting installations
Support for presentation of stimuli on multiple video displays
Improved audio support (additional formats, increased length)
Support for UNICODE and international fonts
Support for new devices (Joystick, Parallel Port Device, Network Socket Device)
Enhanced support for larger scripts
Improved documentation and indexing of online Help
- Includes featurews previously separated as E-Prime Pro (so EPM100P now obsolete)
E-Prime Suite of Applications
- E-Studio – Drag and drop graphical interface for experiment design.
- E-Basic – Underlying scripting language of E-Prime (nearly identical to Visual Basic for Applications™).
- E-Run – Once experiment design is complete, a single mouse click generates it into an E-Basic script. E-Run then affords you the millisecond precision of stimulus presentation, synchronizations, and data collection.
- E-Merge – Quickly and easily combines your single session data files for group analysis.
- E-DataAid – Data management utility that allows you to filter, edit, analyze, and export your data.
- E-Recovery – Recovers data files in the event of early terminated experiments, or lost or corrupted files.
New with version 3.0
- Support for tablets and touchscreens
- SlideButton sub-object for an area of response collection without using script
- SlideChoice sub-object to design multiple choice surveys, recognitions, recalls
- SlideSlider sub-object to design scales and sliders
- Slide Layout Templates for quick design
- Improved interface with tabbed workspace and easier access to windows
- Find and replace properties in an experiment
- Run an experiment in a floating window for quicker inspection and debugging
- Run desired List rows at runtime with Interactive order selection
- Interactively run List rows for debugging purposes
- Create conditional Task Events using subroutines in User Script
- Improved Audio/Video playback and load times
- Start an experiment from any List object
- Play movie and audio files in additional formats
- Online Experiment Library
- E-Prime Command Reference and online documentation
- New experiment design templates
- Access Full and User Script in the Structure window
- Automatically generate text data files upon completion of experiment
- Save a definition of columns of interest in E-DataAid
- Correct, Incorrect, Omission Task Events
- Check for Update checks web and prompts when updates are available
Upgrade from E-Prime 2.0
If you already have an E-Prime 2.0 license you can buy E-Prime 3.0 at a 20% discount by purchasing an Upgrade License. An Upgrade License is a full Single User License that requires a one-time validation using your E-Prime 2.0 license key. This allows you to maintain the use of both versions side-by-side! E-Prime 1.x, 2.0 and 3.0 can all be used side-by-side. Experiments from previous versions can be opened and saved in E-Prime 3.0. Contact BIOPAC for Upgrade License authorization.
Interface to BIOPAC
Research Systems: MP160, MP150, or MP100 System—Use the Isolated Digital Interface (STP100D-C) to safely isolate digital inputs (in the range of 0-3.3 V or 0-5.0 V) and outputs; STP100D-Cincludes CBL110C, a 3-meter DB25 M/F ribbon cable to interface with E-Prime via the printer port.
- Bundled system with E-Prime 3 and Isolated Digital Interface: EPM100WEducation Systems: MP36 or MP35 System—Use the STP35B DB25 M/F 3-meter ribbon cable to interface the computer printer port to the I/O Port on the back panel of the MP unit. To send/receive markers from E-Prime to the 2-channel BSL MP46 Unit, add BN-SMART-IOCBL; the 1-meter I/O Interface for TTL Inputs connects the small I/O port on the MP46 and terminates in a DSub25.
E-Prime® is intended for research use only.