Use the OUT101A tubephone to deliver clicks and tones in auditory evoked response applications (e.g., ABR auditory brainstem response). The Tubephone transducer attaches to a short, flexible, plastic tube, which fits into the subject’s ear(s) with the aid of a foam tip. Use of the Tubephone reduces ambient noise and bone conduction problems, which can interfere with auditory response recordings. Furthermore, because the Tubephone provides a 1 msec acoustic signal delay (due to plastic tube), it automatically separates true response from electromagnetic artifact resulting from speaker activation.
- Incorporates “”touch-proof”” electrical connection for safety
- Smooth frequency response
- Provides 30+ dB external noise exclusion—equivalent to a single-wall booth when used with deeply-sealed foam eartips
- Provides 70+ dB isolation (interaural attenuation) between ears; reduces the need for masking
- Reduces test/retest variability compared to supra-aural earphones
- Eliminates test errors due to collapsed ear canals
OUT101E Replacement Foam Ear Inserts: pkg. of 100 See More...
OUT101T Replacement Plastic Tubes: pkg. of 4