The VVK100-SYS includes
- MP160WS/W 16-channel Data Acquisition & Analysis system for Windows or Macintosh. The MP160 system can monitor eight ventilators (pressure, volume), simultaneously.
- TSD117B Airflow (Pneumotach) Transducer with Amplifier (DA100C), designed for human use. Can be inserted, in-line, to typical hospital ventilator systems. Airflow transducer calibration and verification is straightforward.
- AFT27 3-liter Calibration Syringe is included for calibration and validation and is certified to meet or exceed an accuracy of 0.5% (3 liters ±0.5%).
- TSD160D Differential Pressure Transducer with Amplifier (DA100C) that can interface with any pneumatic circuit to monitor airway pressure. When combined with the TSD117B, it is possible to monitor airflow and airway pressure to provide the user with real-time validation data of pump volume and pump pressure ranges.
- AcqKnowledge software controls the hardware, displays the data, and analyzes the signals in real time.
*Optional Add-ons for Additional Measurements
- Real-time Data Access: Data is available in real time for further third-party analysis by using the optional Network Data Transfer licensed feature, providing your systems with immediate network access to the data while the validation process is taking place.
- Oxygen concentration: % Oxygen measurements—synchronized with flow cycling, use TSD301 Galvanic Oxygen Transducer + DA100C Transducer Amp; inline coupler AFT301 available—fits O2 sensor and 22 mm tubing.
- STPD results: STPD results are needed to satisfy ISO Standards (e.g., ISO 80601-2-12). STPD reporting is the only method that permits ventilator performance comparison no matter altitude, temperature or humidity. To convert volumes from ATP (Ambient Temperature and Pressure Dry) to STPD (Standard Temperature Pressure Dry), use:
- Water vapor pressure: use TSD302 temperature sensor, TSD303 barometric pressure sensor, and TSD304 relative humidity sensor.
- Differential Pressure Calibration: Use the AFTCAL-160 NIST certified Differential Pressure Manometer (Range ±2 psi, ±140.6 cm H2O) to calibrate the TSD160 series of differential pressure transducers.
- CPAP mode validation: use TSD127 Low Flow Transducer 90 L/min (includes RX127 airflow head coupled to TSD160A precision, highly sensitive, differential pressure transducer) for very low flow and unidirectional measurements (less than 50 L/min).
- Flow testing over multiple dynamic ranges: Contact BIOPAC to review specific testing requirements and recommended physical configurations.
- Interfacing Accessories: BIOPAC offers a wide range of tubing, adapters, bacterial filters, valves, and related accessories. For example, AFT17 tubing will interface between the TSD160D transducer and the ventilator breathing circuit.
Snap the BIOPAC modules together: MP160 – AMI100D – DA100C (for TSD117B) – DA1000C (for TSD160D) – optional DA100C (for TSD301)
Connect the TSD117B Airflow (Pneumotach) Transducer to a DA100C Amplifier.
Connect the TSD160D Differential Pressure Transducer to a DA100C Amplifier.
optional Connect the TSD301 Galvanic Oxygen Transducer to a DA100C Amplifier.
Connect the Transducers to the ventilator circuit (add tubing, filters, etc. as required).
Technical Application Reference
- The Ventilator Validation & Testing Technical Application Reference covers how to connect the ventilator validation kit (VVK100-SYS) to a standard, typical ventilator to allow for its verification, ventilator test calibration, and measurements for ventilator validation: Pressure and Timing; Cough Pressure Release (obstruction valve); Positive End-Expiratory Pressure (PEEP); Pressure; Oxygen Concentration; Air Flow & Volume.
BIOPAC products are used by 99% of the world’s top universities
and have been cited ~36,300 times.