The EL254 is unshielded and the EL254S is shielded.
For best signal performance use shielded electrodes (EL254S or EL258S) as recording electrodes and unshielded electrodes (EL254 or EL258) as ground or reference electrodes. Generally, for each Biopotential amplifier module, two EL254S or EL258S and one EL254 or EL258 are required.
Use reusable electrodes with:
- GEL103 conductive adhesive gel
- or see Electrode Acessories for adhesive collars and other gels
Reusable Ag/AgCl Electrode Features
BIOPAC EL250 series and EL650 series reusable electrodes incorporate a variety of features which improve biopotential recordings:
- Sintered to increase electrode/electrolyte contact area
- Do not require chloriding
- Reusable via resurfacing
- High stability recordings, to DC, when used with chloride salt gel electrolyte
- Electrolyte gel cavity reduces artifact due to electrolyte/electrode motion and minimizes electrolyte dissipation/drying over long-term recordings