The NIBP250 incorporates a built-in pump that automatically inflates the blood pressure cuff to occlude the vessel in the tail of a rat or similar small animal. Once the pump reaches the inflation point it slowly deflates the cuff, providing a linear drop in pressure.
A touchscreen LCD monitors the pressure and pulse signals. Use the simple touchscreen interface (or connect a USB mouse if preferred) to easily mark the points where systolic and diastolic blood pressure appear. The system uses a peak detection routine that locates the peak of each of the pressure pulses and marks it with an asterisk. The cursors jumps from peak to peak and provides instantaneous readings for systolic and diastolic blood pressure. The NIBP250 displays the marked values for the systolic and the diastolic blood pressures and the calculated values for the mean blood pressure and the heart rate in the results window. The values are also displayed adjacent to the cursors.
The NIBP250 module has a USB 1.1 compatible flash memory port and SD card slot to move data to a computer for further analysis and publishing. It reports the raw and analyzed data files in ascii format which can easily be imported into your favorite application (e.g. AcqKnowledge, Excel, SPSS, MATLAB, etc.).
Each NIBP250 system includes:
- 1 – amplifier unit (switching power supply works for 110 V or 220 V)
- 1 – cuff/sensor
- 1 – restrainer (size medium is included, but can be specified as small or large when ordering)
- 1 – Pulse cable to MP System or third-party A/D hardware
- 1 – Pressure cable to MP System or third-party A/D hardware
Setup and calibration details are in the Hardware Guide.
- Tail Cuff Sensors for MRI (9.5 mm, 11 mm, or 13 mm — add to an existing NIBP250 system)
- Tail Heating Unit TAILHEATING-A (110 V 60 Hz) or TAILHEATING-B (220 V 50 Hz)