Impedance Cardiography (ICG) Setup Configurations
Important: Do no use two NICO100D Smart Amplifiers on the same participant!
See also: Methodological Guidelines for Impedance Cardiography , PSYCHOPHYSIOLOGY, Vol. 27, No. 1
Reduced wiring in Smart Amp setups reduces ambient and common mode noise, increases comfort, and improves the group dynamic!
Smart Amplifiers connect to an MP160 Research System via an Amplifier Interface Module (AMI100D); Smart Amps are not compatible with MP150, MP100, HLT100C, or MP36R devices. For output, add CBL237 with OUTISO or similar. AcqKnowledge Smart Amp setup includes guides and prompts to prevent errors. Plus, channels are automatically set to be plotted and included in input values display, with the initial visual range set to the min/max input range for the Smart Amplifier signal type, in appropriate units. AcqKnowledge 5.0.4 and above support Smart Amp functionality.
Auto-detect signal type & offer derived measures
Green: configured & detected
Red: configured but not found
Dashed: unavailable—in use by another analog input
For quick access to Smart Amp options, click the CH# box.
The Smart Amplifier ships with the following accessories:
- Protective zippered case with accessory pockets
- Clip for attaching Smart Amplifier to clothing or other materials on the subject
- One bag of silicone cable ID tags which may be written specific signal type or identifier on and attached to both ends of the cable for easy identification
- One silicone cable wrap to optionally allow for unused lengths of cable to be wrapped around to shorten overall cable length
- One cable management clip that may be optionally attached to the cable to route it around the subject