BioNomadix torsiometers are ideal for simple, accurate measurement of joint movement in multiple planes. Sensors are lightweight, flexible, and extremely robust, and can be comfortably worn without hindering the actual movement of the joint, undetected under clothing. Single-axis torsiometers and twin-axis goniometers provide improved mechanical integrity and electrical performance.
The following list of typical uses is for guidance only…select sensor size such that the sensor is capable of reaching across the joint so that the endblocks can be mounted where least movement occurs between the skin and underlying skeletal structure.
- BN-TOR-110-XDCR – neck – axial rotation
- BN-TOR-150-XDCR – forearm – pronation/supination
- BN-GON-F-XDCR – finger (DIP, PIP, MCP) or toe – flexion/extension
- BN-GON-110-XDCR – elbow or ankle – flexion/extension, or dorsiflexion/plantarflexion and inversion/eversion
- BN-GON-150-XDCR – knee or hip – flexion/extension and valgus/varus, or flexion/extension and abudction/adduction
Suggested reading for additional information on goniometry
Legnani G, Zappa B, Casolo F, Adamini R, Magnani PL. A model of an electro-goniometer and its calibration for biomechanical applications. Med Eng Phys. 2000 Dec;22(10):711-22.