fNIRS Lessons License F01-F04
This license includes the following fNIRS lesson experiments; see Curriculum > F01-F04 for more detail.
- F01 The fNIRS System and Oxygenation Changes Measured on the Forearm: Exercise 1 Oxygenation Change Due to Blood Flow Occlusion; Exercise 2 Oxygenation Change with Gravity; Exercise 3 Muscle Oxygenation Change after Hand Grip Exercise
- F02 The fNIRS System, Systemic Signals and Artifacts: Exercise 1 Head movement Effects; Exercise 2 Skin Effect; Exercise 3 Systemic Effects–Blood Pressure Changes
- F03 fNIRS Measurements During Verbal Fluency Tasks: Exercise 1: Phonemics Verbal Fluency (PVF) Task; Exercise 2 Semantic Verbal Fluency (SVF) Task
- F04 fNIRS Measurements During Single and Dual Tasks: Exercise 1 Single and Dual Tasks
A license upgrade will be available to add new lesson materials when they are released.
fNIRS lessons prepare students for professions in clinical and research settings, including:
- Sports medicine
- Physical therapy
- Speech pathology
- Biomedical engineering
The fNIRS data combines with other physiological variables such as ECG, respiration, cardiac output, blood pressure, electrodermal activit, and stimulus response markers. AcqKnowledge software provides automated analysis tools for event-related potentials (ERP) and ensemble averaging. Combining the fNIRS data with other physiological signals provides researchers with a detailed subject assessment.
fNIRSoft (fS) Software & COBI Studio
fS is a software package for use with the 2000E Imager for Education Systems. Use fS viewer and data management tools to process, analyze, and visualize functional near infrared spectroscopy (fNIRS) signals. View data in real time and perform post-acquisition analysis.
COBI Studio “Cognitive Optical Brain Imaging” software is designed for performing serial experiments and makes it easy to start recording, and to save all experimental data (fNIRS, synchronization markers from external presentation stimuli, etc.) in a standardized way.
For additional details, review these items under the Support tab:
- fNIR and COBI Studio User Guide for data collection guidelines
- fNIRSOFT User Manual for a step-by-step guide for using fS, with an introduction to fNIRS technology and a discussion of the Modified Beer Lambert Law (MBLL) that is integral to the analysis of fNIR spectroscopy signals