THE RESEARCH RING GIVES RESEARCHERS NEW POSSIBILITIES!
The ring allows researchers to gather physiological and other data “in the wild,” in everyday settings with their study participants. This has generally not been feasible because data acquisition hardware and software has historically required large, computer-connected signal acquisition systems, and lab-friendly (but not user-friendly) systems, cables, sensors and software. While more portable systems have evolved, the problem with many of them is that they do not capture high-quality data that researchers can use for peer-reviewed studies.
- EDA: Gold-plated dry electrodes—no electrolyte required, Sampling rate up to 400 Hz
- PPG: Dual green LEDs + frequency tuned photosensors, Module output and peak picking in the app, Sampling rate up to 400 Hz
- ECG: Gold-plated dry electrodes, Sampling rate up to 800 Hz
Features & Benefits
- Comfortable, Adjustable Ring Lightweight, adjusts to different finger sizes
- Research-quality, Biometric Data Collect EDA, PPG, Temp, and ECG plus derived signals
- Collect Data Anywhere Lab, work, home, school, in the wild
- Customize Data with Selectable Modes Select signals and sample rates
- Bluetooth BLE Communications Collect and stream to iPhone, iPad, or AcqKnowledge
- Long Battery life 8 to 15 hours based on sampling rates
- Integrates with BIOPAC Devices Add signals for comprehensive physiology monitoring
- Streams to AcqKnowledge Software Real-time data viewing, access, and analysis
- AcqKnowledge In-lab Video Integration Add up to 8 Cameras and synchronize data in AcqKnowledge
- Collect Data from Single or Multiple Participants Connect 9 rings to a single iOS device or computer running AcqKnowledge; start and host all sessions simultaneously using AcqKnowledge
Applications | Longitudinal, real world, and lab studies
- Lifestyle – stress, sleep, etc.
- Mental health and wellness
- User experience research
- Consumer insights
- Media and communications
- Longevity and aging
- General health tracking
- PTSD monitoring
- Food and mood
- Pain assessment
- Classroom engagement
- Movie and TV engagement
- Meditation and mindfulness
- Sleep monitoring
- Extreme emotions
- Stimulus presentation and VR
If researchers want to study a user’s psychophysiological and other contextual data, they can give the Research Ring to a study participant along with a companion mobile application. This “mobile first” approach is also cloud-friendly. The data is collected on the iPhone and can be immediately stored on the cloud when a data collection session ends. The ring comes with the phone app and a year of Senstream Cloud.
Research Ring raw data—ECG, PPG, EDA, and Temperature—displayed in charts.senstream.com viewer:
*BIOPAC INTEGRATION In addition to being a stand-alone research tool, the Research Ring can also be used with AcqKnowledge Research Ring Software (ACK100W-RNG) for in-lab applications or to import data acquired from the phone app to the cloud into AcqKnowledge. AcqKnowledge Research Ring Software can interface up to nine rings per computer and installation also provides a single license for Basic Scripting and Workflow drag-and-drop automation.
Research Ring data—PPG, Temperature, and EDA—displayed in AcqKnowledge software: