Water Electrode Preparation
Before using water electrodes to record EEG data, it’s necessary to prepare them using the following steps:
- Locate bag of Mobita H2O Electrode Inserts (as originally provided with the Cap or replacement bag).
- Roll the Paper Electrode Insert lengthwise into a small tube. Make certain it is rolled tightly enough to fit into the water electrode cavity.
- Pack the rolled insert into the electrode cavity as shown below, making sure it is well seated.
- Repeat Steps 2 and 3 for the remaining electrodes.
- Soak the prepared electrodes in water until completely saturated.
- Insert the electrode into the rubber grommets on the cap, paying attention to the “CH” numbers shown on the electrode leads (these numbers will be referenced for assigning the channels in the AcqKnowledge software.
The subject should feel a cool sensation as the moisture makes contact with the scalp. For best signal quality, move hair aside and avoid areas where hair is too thick.
Click Support tab for additional documentation.