Bone screws are needed to anchor the Plastics1 electrode system. The wires get clipped short and implanted, then dental acrylic is placed around the lower portion of the white plastic and bone screws to anchor the system in place. The Epoch reusable transmitter is attached to the Plastics1 electrode system implanted on the skull (the clearish collar screws on to the implanted Plastics1 electrode system). Review the Epoch-Plastics1 Implantation Guide for details.
The Activator includes an ON/OFF switch for reusable transmitters.
- If you purchased the ORIGINAL Activator without the switch (it was updated in April 2017) and want to use Reusable Transmitters, contact BIOPAC to discuss options.
The Epoch Advantage
Get started with wireless from a single animal!
Reusable EEG Transmitters
- Easy and quick to implant, reduces surgery to minutes
- Small and light skull-mounted transmitters
- 2 channels of EEG
- Transmitters are activated when needed
- EEG with common reference
- No crosstalk between receivers
- Does not require an amplifier
- Compatible with most standard rodent cages
- Compatible with BIOPAC data acquisition & analysis systems
- Compatible with video-recording systems
- Faraday cage for added noise reduction
- Biosignal output standard BNC connectors
- Scalable from 1 receiver to high-throughput parallel recordings from multiple animals