Optimal ground placement
- Do not place the ground too close to the recording electrodes.
- If possible, place the ground equidistant from the recording electrodes (the equipment is quite robust in this regard, but the closer these specifications are followed, the better the signal quality).
- Abrade the site well, use gel, etc., just like any other electrode placement site. Reduce the impedance as much as possible.
- Avoid placing over moving parts of the body, which would potentially result in movement of the electrode.
- Tape over the electrode to ensure tight contact with the body.
Please make sure to read all items in the knowledge base related to grounding by performing a search for the keyword “ground”.