Buffer overflow occurs when the system is not fast enough to keep up with the incoming data.
MP100 Users: The best way to eliminate this problem is to upgrade to an MP150 system. The MP150 system is much faster and has more memory.
The following suggestions may help prevent buffer overflow:
- Do not use the menus, click on the graphs, etc., during recording.
- Reduce the sample rate if possible.
- From the MP100/MP150 menu, turn off AutoPlot and Scroll.
- If possible, acquire to memory instead of disk. Recording straight to memory will eliminate delays while the application is waiting for the hard disk.
- Do not use other applications during data acquisition.
Use transformations at the end of the acquisition instead of calculation channels (every calculation channel can be replicated by a transformation).
Reduce the number of channels.