BSL MP45 2-Channel Systems
COST-EFFECTIVE LIFE SCIENCE INSTRUCTION
With over five million successful lab hours in classrooms around the world, the Biopac Student Lab (BSL) offers the most meaningful, flexible lab experience for both students and instructors. BIOPAC systems provide a complete solution with hardware, software, and curriculum for higher education life science applications.
The Biopac Student Lab system is an integrated solution that allows students to record data from their own bodies. More than just a data recorder, Biopac Student Lab comes complete with hardware, software, and guided physiology lessons.
BSL MP45 Systems offer a simple, cost-effective 2-channel data acquisition system that includes BSL 4 Software with intuitive, guided lessons and the ability to design student research projects. These low-cost systems are the ideal way to introduce physiology into a variety of academic programs, get started with physiology teaching systems, or meet the physiology teaching needs of Health Sciences, Nursing, or related programs.
- The BSL Introductory System features a MP45 (2CH) unit and hardware for six guided lessons plus student-designed life science experiments. This system is the ideal solution for nursing and health science programs, and a great way to add a physiology component to other programs—psychology, biomedical engineering, etc.
- The BSL Health Sciences System comes with an MP45 (2 CH) hardware for 11 guided lessons plus student-designed life science experiments and provides additional lab capabilities for nursing and related programs—spirometry, blood pressure, and dynamometry lessons.
- Interested in purchasing more than one system? Systems are available in discounted five packs: BSLINTRO5 or BSLHSCS5
- Economical 2-channel MP45 Data Acquisition System
- Includes BSL 4 Software with intuitive, guided lessons and rich-media tools
- Dynamic experiments with students as subjects increase interest and retention
- Promote student inquiry with advanced options or develop user-defined lessons and research projects
- Perform analysis online or off—sophisticated algorithms provide beat-by-beat analysis of the primary physiological signals
Biopac Student Lab revolutionizes how students learn the life sciences by eliminating complex setup tasks and letting them focus on learning the subject. Use the power of the BSL System to conduct the most widely studied responses in physiology labs.
Powerful and flexible, yet easy to use, BSL software allows students to get started right away. To run a lesson, simply select it from a menu and follow the prompts to collect good data. As your needs or budget change, you can add transducers to run more lessons. The MP45 works with existing BSL hardware, too, so this is a budget-conscious solution for adding more systems to your lab.
Dynamic experiments with students as subjects increase interest and retention. Promote student inquiry with advanced options or develop user-defined lessons and research projects. Perform analysis online or off; sophisticated algorithms provide beat-by-beat analysis of the primary physiological signals.
The BSL Intro System includes:
- MP45 2 channel data acquisition system (USB powered)
- BSL 4 Software (Lessons and PRO)
- BSL Laboratory Manual – MANBSL4-45
- Searchable PDF Manual and Tutorial (BSL PRO, Instructor’s Guide, Answer Key, etc)
- 2 x Electrode Lead Sets – SS2LB
- Disposable Electrodes, pack of 100 – EL503
- Electrode abrading pads (pack of 10)– ELPAD
The BSL Health Sciences System adds to the Intro System:
- Headphones (monaural, wide-response) – 40HP
- Airflow Transducer with accessories – SS11L, AFT6A, AFT1-10, AFT3-10
- Blood pressure Cuff & Stethoscope – SS19L, SS30L
- Clench Force (bulb) Transducer – SS56L
Perform the following lessons with the Intro system:
- L01 Electromyography (EMG) I
- L03 Electroencephalography (EEG) I
- L04 Electroencephalography (EEG) II
- L05 Electrocardiography (ECG) I
- L06 Electrocardiography (ECG) II
- L10 Electrooculography (EOG) I
…and add the following lessons with the Health Sciences system:
- Lo2 Electromyography (EMG) II
- L12 Pulmonary Function I
- L13 Pulmonary Function II
- L16 System Blood Pressure
- L17 Heart Sounds
Free Student Download – Students can use this free BSL software to prepare for class by reading lessons or watching videos, and can also analyze, share, and submit data.
BSL Teaching Systems provide state-of-the-art technology, intuitive software, and industry standard hardware come together to provide world-class teaching solutions for the life sciences. Each system comes complete with:
Biopac Student Lab software—Powerful and flexible, yet easy to use, BSL 4 software allows students to get started right away. To run a lesson, simply select it from a menu. With easy software and hardware setup, students can focus on scientific principles, not procedure. BSL is provided in English and French; Translations of BSL 3.7.3 for Windows are available in Chinese (Traditional), Italian, Japanese, Russian, and Spanish.
The Biopac Student Lab system, BSL 4 greatly improves the lab experience with a dynamic user interface and enhanced capabilities.
Students can now take advantage of multi-media lessons with:
- Full color onscreen guides
- Embedded procedure videos
- Data samples to ensure good data collection
BSL 4 also includes new advanced analysis options including:
- Heart Rate Variability
- Cycle detector (Find Peak) updates
- Enhanced event marker and preset options
Curriculum—Guided lessons feature on-screen instructions, video demonstrations, and sample data to ensure students record high-quality data. Teacher’s Guide includes sample questions and answers, normative values, and support tools.
Hardware—The heart of every Biopac Student Lab system is the data acquisition unit, which converts incoming signals into digital signals that can be processed by a computer.
The BSL System includes data acquisition hardware with built-in universal amplifiers to record and condition electrical signals from the heart, muscle, nerve, brain, eye, respiratory system, and tissue preparations. The data acquisition system receives the signals from electrodes and transducers. Biopac Student Lab software then displays the numbers as waveforms on the monitor. The data acquisition system connects to a PC running Windows® or Mac® OS X operating systems, via USB.
The MP45 unit has two input channels. Electrodes, transducers, and/or input/output devices connect to the MP data acquisition unit so students can record data from their own heart signals (ECG), brain waves (EEG), muscle activity (EMG), eye movement (EOG), and more—or from animal or tissue preps.
Thousands of undergraduate labs worldwide use the Biopac Student Lab to teach physiology, pharmacology, biology, neuroscience, psychology, exercise physiology, and biomedical engineering. Click here for the BSL User List.
Publishers have adopted the curriculum materials and included them in commercially available published lab manuals.
Part #: BSLHSCS, BSLHSCS5
BSL System with MP45 (2 CH) hardware for 11 guided lessons plus student-designed life science experiments. This BSL System is ideal…
Part #: BSLINTRO, BSLINTRO5
BSL System with MP45 (2CH) and hardware for 6 guided lessons plus student-designed life science experiments. This system is great way…