126 – Wireless Remote Monitoring – TEL100C-RF
The TEL100C-RF remote monitoring system can monitor a wide range of physiological activity, including ECG, EOG, EEG, GSR, SKT, PPG, RSP, and surface EMG. Specialized signal processing of physiologic variables (like RMS filtered EMG or QRS detection) can be performed on the computer via calculation channels.
The TEL100C-RF employs a completely wireless scheme and places the recording amplifiers at some distance away from the computer (75 meters nominal to 150 meters line of sight). The TEL100C-RF replaces the CBL117 or CBL118 (used in the regular TEL100C system) with a wireless transmitter/receiver pair. The TEL100C-RF system also uses a different amplifier/remodulator (TEL100D-RF) as compared to the regular (wired) TEL100C system.
This application note is considered an addendum to Application Note #AH103, which describes the operation of the TEL100C System.
- Psychophysiology - Record and analyze BP, ECG, HRV, EDA, EMG, EEG, EOG, RSP, etc. Interface to stimulus presentation programs...use automated analysis routines to easily score and analyze data.
- EOG: Eye Movement - Record eye position and movement with the EOG100C amplifier. Find frequency, distance, velocity, and point of focus. Isolate behavior associated with nystagmus and saccades.
- Plethysmography - Record PPG, measure BP indirectly, look at appendage size variations, and perform sexual arousal studies using BIOPAC or 3rd-party transducers.
- Sleep Studies - Long term recordings with up to 16 channels of data. Record EEG, EOG, EMG, respiration, temp., sound, limb position and more. Filter out EEG frequencies to score sleep stages.
- ECG: Cardiology - Connect up to 16 ECG input leads with MP160 system. Use automated analysis features for HRV, RSA, to classify heartbeats, identify arrhythmias, and perform ECG averaging.
- Respiration | Pulmonary Function - Perform lung volume measurements, examine pressure/volume relationships, and analyze respiratory gases. Use AcqKnowledge to integrate airflow and analyze data.
- Exercise Physiology - Examine ventilation, oxygen uptake, carbon dioxide production, biopotentials, temp., and biomechanical signals simultaneously. Record wirelessly with BioNomadix.
- EMG: Electromyography - Record surface, needle, and fine wire EMG—or wireless EMG with BioNomadix. Use real-time integration tools for immediate analysis or use automated EMG analysis routines.
- Biomechanics - Use BIOPAC equipment for gait analysis, goniometry, ergonomics evaluation, range of motion, EMG, Remote Monitoring or to interface with third-party equipment.
- Remote Monitoring - BioNomadix modules provide high quality, full-bandwidth data for a variety of signals—ECG, EEG, EGG, EMG, EOG, PPG, RSP, SKT, Accelerometry, Cardiac Output, Dynamometry, and Heel-Toe Strike.