175 – Stimulus Isolator Guidelines – STMISOC
MP150 and MP100 System stimulation features provide a powerful vehicle for outputting a variety of waveforms of varying duration, coincident with the data acquisition process. Often, a stimulation voltage in excess of 20 v (p-p) is required to perform nerve or muscle stimulation. This application note will focus on using the STMISOC for either voltage or current stimulation, when higher stimulation voltages or compliance is important. This application note will identify the hardware and software setup procedures when using the STMISOC with an MP Research System.
Superficial moist heat’s lack of influence on soleus function. J Sport Rehabil. 2009 Aug;18(3):438-47. Long BC, Hopkins JT. Dept of Health and Human Performance, Oklahoma State University, Stillwater, OK 74078, USA.
- ERS: Evoked Response - Record evoked, late, and field potentials, as well as startle and nerve conduction. Powerful on- and off-line averaging features (P300), and dual stimulation ability with the MP150.
- Psychophysiology - Record and analyze BP, ECG, HRV, EDA, EMG, EEG, EOG, RSP, etc. Interface to stimulus presentation programs...use automated analysis routines to easily score and analyze data.
- Cardiovascular Hemodynamics - Hardware for human and animals. Measure continuous BP, ECG, stroke volume, cardiac output, PPG, etc. For animal and tissue look at acute and chronic dose-response.
- In vitro Pharmacology - Record from tissue bath, isolated organ, Ussing chamber, or use field stimulation. Advanced algorithms analyze Langendorff, working heart, and isolated perfused lung data.
- Exercise Physiology - Examine ventilation, oxygen uptake, carbon dioxide production, biopotentials, temp., and biomechanical signals simultaneously. Record wirelessly with BioNomadix.
- EMG: Electromyography - Record surface, needle, and fine wire EMG—or wireless EMG with BioNomadix. Use real-time integration tools for immediate analysis or use automated EMG analysis routines.