New Ventilator Validation Kit for Rapid Development & Field Testing
New Ventilator Validation System Allows Device Manufacturers to Test Ventilator Pressure and Volume
System supports rapid development and testing of hardware for COVID-19 treatment
Goleta, California – March 24, 2020 BIOPAC Systems, Inc. announced a new Ventilator Validation System for engineering and device manufacturers to use when designing and testing new and existing ventilators for human use. The VVK100-SYS includes a pulmonary airflow transducer, airway pressure transducer, amplifiers, calibration syringe, and a data acquisition system with automated pulmonary function analysis software. Components of the system have been used by thousands of researchers and developers in the world’s top universities. Each system can monitor up to eight ventilators at a time, and multiple systems can operate in concert to increase productivity and maximize efficiency.
“Medical device companies, research institutions, medical centers, labs, and prototype developers need a fast way to develop and manufacture ventilators,” said BIOPAC CEO Frazer Findlay, “and BIOPAC has produced pulmonary and respiration products for over 30 years. We can help in the fight against COVID-19 by supporting ventilator research and manufacturing with access to quality validation tools, and we can easily provide the resources to meet this urgent need.”
Included in the Ventilator Validation System are five important components:
- The 16-channel MP160WS/W Data Acquisition & Analysis System for Windows or Macintosh. The MP160 System can monitor pressure and volume in eight ventilators, simultaneously.
- The TSD117A Airflow (Pneumotach) Transducer with Amplifier (DA100C) is designed for human use and can be inserted, in-line, to typical hospital ventilator systems. To aid in interfacing, BIOPAC offers a wide range of tubing, adapters, bacterial filters, valves and related accessories. Airflow transducer calibration and verification is straightforward. The transducer is also available as an MRI conditional device.
- The AFT27 3-liter Calibration Syringe is included for calibration and validation and is certified to meet or exceed an accuracy of 0.5% (3 liters ±0.5%).
- The TSD160D is a Differential Pressure Transducer and Amplifier (DA100C) that can interface with any pneumatic circuit to monitor airway pressure. When combined with the TSD117A, it is possible to monitor airflow and airway pressure to provide the user with real-time validation data of pump volume and pump pressure ranges.
- AcqKnowledge software controls the hardware, displays the data, and analyzes the signals in real time. The data is also available in real time for further third-party analysis by using the optional Network Data Transfer feature, providing your systems with immediate network access to the data while the validation process is taking place.
Use the VVK100-SYS for measurements for ventilator validation, including Pressure and Timing; Cough Pressure Release (obstruction valve); Positive End-Expiratory Pressure (PEEP); Pressure; Oxygen Concentration; Air Flow & Volume.
Ventilatory Validation Systems are available immediately. Contact your local BIOPAC representative for more information.
About BIOPAC Systems
BIOPAC makes high-quality scientific tools for physiology measurement and interpretation. BIOPAC was founded in 1985 and is recognized around the world as a premier choice for life science hardware and software. Worldwide, over 99% of the top 100 universities and Global Fortune 500 companies rely on BIOPAC for their life science research and teaching system needs. BIOPAC solutions range from educational solutions to cutting-edge devices for use in laboratory, real world, and virtual reality research environments.