EEG reference – linked ears, summed ears, etc.
Reference corresponds to the VIN- connection on EEG amplifiers; on the MP3X, if using the SS1LA lead adapter, VIN- is on the lead adapter.
Use each ear as a reference for its own hemisphere—this will reduce ECG artifact
- For each hemisphere, connect a lead from the VIN- on one of the amplifiers to the ear on that hemisphere.
- Use jumper cables JUMP100C to connect this VIN- to the other amplifiers.
- Connect a lead from the VIN+ of each of amplifier to the electrode locations on the hemisphere.
Link ears—use a CBL204 “Y” electrode lead adapter to link the left and right ears
- Connect the two electrode leads into the two inputs of the “Y” adapter.
- Connect the single output end of the “Y” to a jumper cable JUMP100C.
- Use jumper cables JUMP100C to connect this VIN- to the other amplifier VIN- inputs.