H25 BME Breadboard I
BSL PRO Signal Processing Labs are a series of lessons that explain how to create and test the types of electronic circuits used in Biomedical Engineering (BME). The Signal Processing Labs use the BIOPAC SS39L Signal Processing Breadboard with Interface Cables and Electrode Interface.
Students learn that the human body can be studied by viewing the potential difference (Voltage) between strategically placed surface electrodes, and use electronic circuits to view and record the potential difference between surface electrodes. Electrode leads connect the electrodes to the circuit. Most signals from physiological activity have small amplitudes and must be amplified and processed before they can be viewed in a meaningful way.
Concepts introduced include the basics of amplifiers (with special emphasis on the biopotentials), Gain, Common-mode rejection (CMR), Electrode polarization, Frequency response, Input impedance, Signal noise and drift, Filters, and ECG circuit requirements.
- Square Wave Oscillator
- Instrumentation Amplifier
- Active Filter: High Pass
- Active Gain Block & Low Pass
- Notch Filter for 50/60 Hz Rejection
- QRS Detection: Band Pass Filter
- QRS Detection: Absolute Value Circuit
- QRS Detection: Low Pass Filter and Overall System Test
Tasks Performed by the Student
Students create and test circuits.
BSL BME Instrumentation Amplifier
BSL BME Notch Filter
BSL BME Band Pass Filter
BSL BME Absolute Value Circuit
BSL BME QRS Detection
Biopac Student Lab Student Download
Student Prep & Distance Learning
Click the link(s) below for sample data and/or lesson procedure video(s), BSL PRO Lesson procedures (PDF) for human lessons*, and graph template files (*.gtl) for BSL PRO Lessons. If more than one .gtl is available, download the .gtl with the _suffix to match BSL version and hardware.
- BSL BME Breadboard Labs preview (PDF)
- Graph template file for BSL 4 PRO Square Wave Generator
- Graph template - Bandpass - BSL PRO 4
- Graph template file for BSL 4 PRO High Pass Filter
- Graph template file for BSL 4 PRO Notch Filter
- Graph template - ECG - BSL PRO 4
- Graph template - Gain Low Pass Filter - BSL PRO 4
- Graph template for BSL 4 PRO Gain LP
- Graph template file for BSL 4 PRO Amp
- Graph template file for BSL 4 PRO Absolute Value
- Graph template file for BSL PRO Gain
- Graph template file for BSL PRO Square Wave Generator
- Graph template file for BSL PRO Amp
- Graph template file for BSL PRO High Pass Filter
- Graph template for BSL PRO Gain Low Pass Filter
- Graph template file for BSL PRO Notch Filter
- Graph template for BSL PRO ECG
- Graph template for BSL PRO Absolute Value
- Graph template for BSL PRO Bandpass
- Graph template file for BSL PRO QRS Detection
- Click here to request the BME lessons PDF - breadboard engineering lessons are available by request only
BSL Signal Processing Labs use the Signal Processing Breadboard, Interface cable to MP unit, Breadboard Electrode Interface, and lead set with electrodes.
|SS39L||BME Breadboard Kit||Add to Cart|
|SS60LB||Signal Inputs Cable - Breadboard to MP3X||Add to Cart|
|BSL-TCI22||Interface SS2L to SS39L||Add to Cart|
|SS2LB||Lead set, shielded, BSL||Add to Cart|
|EL503||Disp. Gen-purp electrode 100/pk||Add to Cart|