Call for Proposals: Advancing Brain Research through Physiology, fNIRS, and VR
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
June 23, 2023; Goleta, CA
A unique opportunity for researchers to contribute to cutting-edge advancements in brain research
BIOPAC Systems, Inc., Seenel Imaging, and WorldViz have joined forces to launch a collaborative research project aimed at leveraging physiology measures, functional near-infrared spectroscopy (fNIRS), and virtual reality (VR) to explore the mysteries of the human brain. The objective of this project is to develop a deeper understanding of the intricacies of brain function by integrating state-of-the-art physiological monitoring, fNIRS technology, and immersive VR environments.
This interdisciplinary approach holds tremendous potential for revolutionizing our understanding of the human brain and unlocking new frontiers in neuroscience research. Selected researchers will have the opportunity to work closely with experts from all three companies, fostering a multidisciplinary and collaborative research environment.
Researchers from diverse backgrounds—including neuroscience, psychology, biomedical engineering, and related fields—are invited to submit project proposals that align with the overarching goals of this initiative. Proposals may encompass various areas of study, such as:
- Investigating the neural correlates of cognitive processes using fNIRS and VR simulations
- Exploring the therapeutic potential of VR environments combined with physiology measures for neurorehabilitation
- Examining the neural mechanisms underlying emotional responses through the integration of fNIRS, physiological measures, and immersive VR experiences
- Developing novel methodologies and analytical tools for the integration and interpretation of fNIRS and physiology data in virtual reality settings
- Investigating the impact of virtual reality on brain activity and cognitive performance using physiological measures
Successful proposals will receive access to cutting-edge equipment, technological resources, and collaborative networks established by BIOPAC Systems, Seenel Imaging, and WorldViz.
The submission deadline is August 31, 2023, and proposals will undergo a rigorous evaluation process by a panel of experts from our partnering companies. We encourage creativity, innovation, and ambitious research ideas that have the potential to push the boundaries of brain research using physiology measures, fNIRS, and VR.
Click below for details about VRNeuroConnect Project Terms & Conditions and Proposal Submission: