182 – Analysis of Blood Flow Data
The MP Research Systems have the capability to do extensive online and offline analysis of raw blood flow data. The subject is typically an animal. By interfacing the MP150/100 with existing flowmeters, one can take an array of calculations and measurements, such as Pulsatile max, Pulsatile Min, Mean Flow, Cardiac Output, Stroke Volume, and Resistance.
This application note will explain in detail the set up procedures for recording and analyzing blood flow data.
- Cardiovascular Hemodynamics - Hardware for human and animals. Measure continuous BP, ECG, stroke volume, cardiac output, PPG, etc. For animal and tissue look at acute and chronic dose-response.
- In vitro Pharmacology - Record from tissue bath, isolated organ, Ussing chamber, or use field stimulation. Advanced algorithms analyze Langendorff, working heart, and isolated perfused lung data.
- Laser Doppler Flow - Record microvascular circulation invasively or noninvasively with LDF100C. Look at the effects of drugs, exercise, inadequate blood supply, and tissue ischemia.
- Amplifiers & Interfaces - Use BIOPAC amplifiers with MP Systems, as stand-alone devices, or with 3rd-party flow meters, force plates, sono-micrometers, telemetry equipment, metabolic carts, etc.
- Magnetic Resonance Imaging with BIOPAC Equipment - Electrodes, electrode leads, transducers, and stimulus options for safe data acquisition in the MRI. Record biopotentials, temperature, respiration, EDA, dynamometry, blood pressure, etc.