131 – Averaging Mode in the MP System
The ability to average physiological data in synchronization with a stimulus signal is useful for investigating a variety of physiological processes. The MP unit with AcqKnowledge provides considerable flexibility when performing these kinds of measurements.
The procedure listed in this application note illustrates how to perform a very simple averaging sequence, known as the Auditory Brainstem Response (ABR).
- Micro Pressure Measurement - MPMS Systems provide accurate data, high speed, and small sensor size. Ideal for small animal research studies such as ICP and LVP. MRI compatible sensors available.
- EEG: Electroencephalography - Wired and wireless EEG solutions. Record up to 32 channels of EEG and use software features for filtering, removing EOG artifacts, and complete frequency analysis.
- ERS: Evoked Response - Record evoked, late, and field potentials, as well as startle and nerve conduction. Powerful on- and off-line averaging features (P300), and dual stimulation ability with the MP150.
- Psychophysiology - Record and analyze BP, ECG, HRV, EDA, EMG, EEG, EOG, RSP, etc. Interface to stimulus presentation programs...use automated analysis routines to easily score and analyze data.
- Amplifiers & Interfaces - Use BIOPAC amplifiers with MP Systems, as stand-alone devices, or with 3rd-party flow meters, force plates, sono-micrometers, telemetry equipment, metabolic carts, etc.