271 – Synchronizing B-Alert and MP150 on separate computers
This application note details hardware and software setup to synchronize a B-Alert System with an MP150 System running on two separate computers.
- Connect the 3.5 mm phone jack connector to the Analog Output (A0) port on the front of the UIM100C, and attach to the ECG input of the B-Alert Systems.
- Set up the MP150 System and AcqKnowledge software as required for the experiment.
- In the AcqKnowledge software on the computer for the MP150: Choose MP150 > Set Up Stimulator and set parameters
- In the AcqKnowledge software on the computer for the B-Alert: Choose B-Alert > Set Up Channels and check Acquire and Plot for Analog Channel 1 (A1/EKG).
- Click the Start button in the AcqKnowledgeSoftware for the B-Alert System.
- IMPORTANT: You must start AcqKnowledge for the B-Alert System before starting AcqKnowledge for the MP150 system.
- Click the Start button in the AcqKnowledge software for the MP150 System.
- Observe the B-Alert data. A negative and positive spike*should appear. (If necessary for a better view, autoscale CH1 and hide additional channels.)
- * Due to filtering applied by the EKG channel, the square wave will appear truncated in the B-Alert waveform. If desired, an AC-coupled sine wave can be used instead for a more accurate representation.
- After data recording is complete, return to the beginning of the B-Alert graph where the stimulus occurred.
- Highlight all data before the stimulus, and choose Edit > Clear All.
- The MP150 Data is now synched to the B-Alert Data (time point ‘zero’ of the MP150 data file equals time point ‘zero’ of the B-Alert data file).