This multi-purpose subminiature 3D orientation sensor is designed for use in real-time orientation tracking applications. It includes three types of sensing elements (tri-axial MEMS gyros, tri-axial MEMS accelerometers, and tri-axial magneto-resistive magnetometers) and comes equipped with an onboard processor and embedded orientation algorithms allowing for direct integration into systems without interfacing a PC. For PC-based integrations, the system comes with a set of libraries that allow users to modify algorithm and/or sensor parameters on-the-fly to suit individual protocols.
Key Features & Functionality
- Compensated raw data for acceleration, rate of turn, and magnetic field
- Up to 500 Hz data update rate
- Full temperature calibration of all sensing elements
- Internal magnetic disturbance calibration capabilities
- Dynamic magnetic disturbance compensation
- Customizable sensor parameters
- Ability to string sensors together
- Full featured software SDK
- PC-based emulator for replacing leading sensors in existing applications
- Extremely compact design
TRACK2 interfaces via USB and connects directly to the VR Toolkit included in all VR Workstations; intro, advanced, and ultimate Workstations include one TRACK2.
Also available pre-mounted to high-res head mounted display—see HMD1B-TRACK.
Use additional sensors to track limb movement.