EPOCH Systems include two sensors; additional sensor transmitters can be ordered individually.
Each channel requires an output cable. To use with BIOPAC MP160/HLT, add one CBL123 per channlel; for BIOPAC MP150/UIM, add one CBL102 per channel.
Sensors are shipped “deactivated” and require the Sensor Activation & Test Utility (EPOCH-ACTI) to start the sensor battery when ready to use the transmitter.
- The reusable activator is battery operated and can be used for any deactivated sensors.
- Transmitters must be activated within 6 months of shipment to ensure the full 2-month or 6-month active battery-life.
- The activator utility can also output two independent channels of data (sinewaves) for testing purposes.
Single-Channel ECG Transmitter Implant
The single-channel ECG wireless transmitter implant contains a small amplifier, transmitter, and a battery encapsulated in medical-grade epoxy. Each electrode is 7-strand braided stainless steel with Teflon insulation. Each strand is 50 μm in diameter, making the bare electrode 152 μm in diameter (229 μm diameter insulated). There are two electrode leads on the ECG transmitter; spacing for these leads on the transmitter is detailed below.
- Footprint: 8 mm x 9 mm (2 month), 8 mm x 12 mm (6 month)
- Weight: 2.3 g (2 month), 4.0 g (6 month)
- Volume: 0.756 cm3 (2 month), 1.344 cm3 (6 month)
- Output Gain: 2000x; ±1.0 mV range, 1.0 mV in = 2 V out
- Bandwidth: 0.1-200 Hz per channel
- Input Referred Noise: < 8 μV rms at 100 Hz (11 μV rms at 200 Hz)
Add SleepSign for Animals (SSA100W) for complete sleep data analysis.
Use Camera Systems (CAMSYS4 or CAMSYS8) to monitor and record protocols and animal behavior. Recorded video will be time synchronized to the physiological signals in AcqKnowledge for easy investigation of key areas of interest.