H29 Basal Metabolic Rate
Basal metabolic rate (BMR) refers to body metabolism as measured under a set of standard basal conditions designed to minimize the effects of as many influencing factors as possible.
To obtain Basal Metabolic Rate (BMR) values from a subject.
To compare this rate to standardized rate.
To measure post-exercise metabolic rate and compare it to BMR.
Tasks Performed by the Student
- Sit, relax, and breathe normally
Perform medium-to-strenuous exercise (i.e., running in place)
Relax in an inclined position
Biopac Student Lab Student Download
Biopac Student Lab Teaching Systems
Student Prep & Distance Learning
Click the link(s) below for sample data and/or lesson procedure video(s), BSL PRO Lesson procedures (PDF) for human lessons*, and graph template files (*.gtl) for BSL PRO Lessons. If more than one .gtl is available, download the .gtl with the _suffix to match BSL version and hardware.
- BSL PRO Lesson Procedure H29 using GASSYS3 (PDF)
- BSL PRO Lesson H29 Graph Template using GASSYS3
- External Dialog UI files for GASYSS3
- BSL PRO Lesson H29 Procedure for BSL 4.0.1 or above
- Graph template file for BSL PRO H29
- BSL PRO Lesson H29 Procedure for BSL 3
- Graph template file for BSL 4 PRO H29
- Graph template file for BSL PRO H29 for MP35
Important! Required equipment varies based on the BSL software version, MP unit, and setup option used for recording --> GASSYS3 is the currently shipping Gas Analysis Module. The lesson can also be recorded using an older GASSYS2 with module-specific template and instructions. Please download and check the appropriate Lesson Procedure (PDF) for your specific setup. Typical hardware may include but is not limited to the following...