This is one of many ADVANCED FEATURES for the selected Application. Scroll down for hardware options.
- Use TSD110-MRI: place the anesthetized animal on the sensor pad and run the AFT30-XL through the wave guide.
Invasive Blood Pressure
- General arterial pressure signals: use TSD104A-MRI
Noninvasive Blood Pressure
- NIBP200A + RXTCUFSEN-MRI: cuff/sensor transducers have an 8 m cable and fit 9.5 mm to 13 mm (approx. animal size 100 g – 350 g)
- High Field Fiber Optic Temperature System ≥ 3T: FOTS200 module with TSD380 series probe
- Fiber Optic Temperature System ≤ 3T: FOTS100 module with TSD180 series probe
- MP150 System ≤7T: TSD202A-MRI transducer with SKT100C amp and MECMRI-TRANS filtered cable set
- ECG: Use EL508 elecrodes with LEAD108B or LEAD108C RT leads; Sample at 2 kHz.
- Use AcqKnowledge to identify the gradient frequency and remove t from the waveform.
- Add an ECG alarm (OUT102) for an audible reference of the subject’s heart rate while in the imager.
- To synchronize an MRI System with the occurrence of the R-wave present in animal (high frequency) ECG data being recorded on an ECG100C amplifier directing its output to the MP System, use the DTU100 Digital Trigger Unit.
- EGG: Use EL508 electrodes with LEAD108B or LEAD108C RT leads; Sample at 2 kHz.
- EMG: Use EL508 electrodes with LEAD108B or LEAD108C RT leads; Sample at 5 kHz.
- EMG data can be obtained if one looks “between” the scans. The RF energy pulses directed at the body are really large and this energy corrupts the small EMG signal. The longer the latency between scans, the easier of a time you will have in attempting to extract EMG.
- EOG: Use EL508 electrodes with LEAD108B or LEAD108C RT leads; Sample at 2 kHz.
- TSD140 series: use the LDF100C with the single fiber cable because it is longer than the standard probes
Digital Trigger Unit
- DTU200: dual channel gating system (respiration and ECG or BP), sends cardiac trigger pulses to the MRI when a respiration signal is in the quiet phase
- DTU100: trigger the MRI based on a clean ECG R-wave signal or a respiration signal
- MECMRI-STMISO + STM100C + STMISOC + LEAD142 + appropriate electrode wire
- Stainless steel needle electrodes (EL450 series) may be OK in MRI, but local heating may be a concern.
- Surface electrodes, such as the EL254RT, can also be used, subject to animal size